Roads and tunnels
The connection in each end to the existing roads is built as roundabouts. The roundabout on the north side is inside the existing Vallavik tunnel, and on the south side the roundabout is inside the new tunnel.
The road width is 7,5 m and the speed level 80 km/h. The planned traffic volume in year 2011/2012 vas estimated to 2000 cars /day. The tunnels has a total width of 8, 5 m (T 8, 5).
The Hardanger bridge is a 2 lane suspension bridge with lane for bicycles and pedestrians. The bridge has a main span of 1310 m and a total length of 1380 m. The bridge towers elevates to 200 m above sea level. The sailing height under the bridge is 55 m.
- Suspension bridge: main span 1310 m, total length 1380 m
- Tunnel: 2675 m T-8; 5 profile
- 0,8 km new road, road width 7,5 m
- Dimensioned speed 80 km/h
- Costs NOK 2300 mill. 2012 price level
- Construction period 2009–2013