In principle, you are anonymous when you visit our web pages. In connection with your visit, we register only your computer’s IP address, not your email address.
The information is used for statistics and analysis in order to improve our website. Beyond IP addresses, information containing identifiable personal data will not be collected. For statistical data collection we use a script and cookie from the analysis tool Google Analytics.
For every page displayed, the following information is stored:
- what page you are looking at
- date and time
- what browser you are using
- your IP address
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer when you download a web page, such as vegvesen.no.
There are two types of cookies. One type is the "persistent cookie" that is stored on the visitor's PC for a long time. The second type is a "session cookie", which is a cookie that is deleted when you exit our website, or close your browser.
The following cookies are used at vegvesen.no
- We use a cookie to count the number of unique users of vegvesen.no. This tells us whether vegvesen.no has a small number of regular users or a large number of infrequent visitors.
- When you fill in a form to send us information, a FormCookie is left on your computer. Such forms are used on pages where you can give us feedback such as “Did you find what you were looking for?” This cookie is placed on your computer for us to be able to control whether you send the message once or several times.
- Cookies when you will in a contact form: If you use an electronic contact form to send us a message regarding the processing of personal data, a cookie will be left on your computer. This is necessary for the form to work.
The NPRA stores information about what search words our users employ. The purpose here is to improve our information services. For example, we can find out what search words generate hits, and what results are clicked on. Search patterns are stored in a separate database, and they are only stored in an aggregate form. It is only the search word that is being stored, and it cannot be linked to other information about the users.
The search tool used at vegvesen.no is Microsoft FAST.
The use of personal data
Personal data that you fill in to use our services at vegvesen.no are stored at the NPRA. The information we ask for is required for us to provide the services you request.
Data that are stored in the Registers of Driving Licences and Motor Vehicles are also used by the police and Norwegian Customs in connection with inspections.
The NPRA is obligated to disclose information subject to the Freedom of Information Act. Information may be disclosed to other authorities when special legal provisions apply. You have the right of access to the personal data that are stored about you. The Directorate of Public Roads is responsible for the processing of personal data we store in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Act.
For more information about the storing of your personal data, please contact the Directorate of Public Roads, NPRA.