The personal data the NPRA processes include:
- identification data (e.g. national ID number, name, vehicle registration number, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), cadastral unit and property unit number),
- contact information (e.g. address, email address, telephone number),
- competence/certification (e.g. in connection with certification of driving instructors and professional drivers),
- health information (e.g. in connection with driving entitlements, road tolls, accident work, disabled parking),
- penalties and administrative sanctions (e.g. in connection with application for operator’s licences, inspection and supervision, contracts signing and contract management),
- photos and videos (e.g. in connection with the issuing of driving licences, automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) and collection of road tolls).
Camera surveillance of traffic is mostly organised so as not to record personal data. This also applies to the use of dashboard cameras for the surveying of road conditions and for the inspection of traffic signs, traffic lights and road markings.