The parties consist of the following companies that have formed joint ventures to finance, build and operate the Sotra Connection PPP project:
- VINCI Concessions, VINCI Highways, ACCIONA Concesiones, and IMPLENIA Switzerland
- ITINERA, ASTM, and IHI Corporations
- FCC Construcción, Salini Impregilo, SK Engineering & Construction, and Macquarie Corporate Holdings Pty Limited
- China Communications Construction Company, Sichuan Road and Bridge Corporation, and Gülermak Ağır Sanayi İnşaat ve Taahhüt
Determining in April which companies will stay in the selection process
– A considerable amount of time has been set aside for the dialogue phase. This is important in order to ensure that the contractors have the best possible understanding of the scope of the work involved in the project and the criteria the NPRA have established, says Divisional Director of NPRA Construction, Kjell Inge Davik.
The companies that are invited to stay on in the process after prequalification will be given the opportunity to submit their first bids for the Sotra Connection project in December 2020. Then there will be a new dialogue and negotiations phase, to be concluded in the summer of 2021 with an announcement of who will be awarded the PPP contract. It will then be possible for construction work to start in the autumn of 2021, and for the opening of the four-lane road system to take place around the turn of the year 2024/25.