The road from mainland at Skjeltene will cross the coastal shipping lane and consists of Lepsøy bridge, a 800 meters long high bridge connected with rock dump causeways on both sides. The bridge basic design is in concrete or optionally in steel.
The road continues over a low bridge to a junction on Lisjelauka and further to Lepsøy on the causeway and a second low bridge. Road towards Haramsøy from the junction will be through a subsea tunnel starting at Hestøya with the tunnel entrance below sea level inside a purpose built dike.
The project includes
- Lepsøy bridge, 800 m long high bridge from Skjeltene to Lepsøya.
- Total length causeway over Lepsøyrevet (Lepsøy reef ): 2735 m
- Lauke bridge, 109 m long bridge southeast of Lauka and Lisjelauka.
- Hamnaskjersund bridge, 200 m long bridge towards Lepsøya.
- Haramsfjord tunnel, from Hestøya to Austnes, length 3500 m.
- Nogvafjord tunnel, from Longva at Flemsøya to Fjørtofta, length 5730 m.
- Fjørtoftfjord tunnel, from Fjørtofta to Myklebust at Harøya, length 3680 m.
- Burberg tunnel, a tunnel for wildlife preservation at Lepsøya: 170 m.
- New road over Fjørtofta, 3100 m.