If you are going to transport passengers for hire in your job in the tourism industry, you need a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) licence.

Before you can apply for a PCV licence, you need to pass a taxi driving test. The taxi driving test consists of a theory test.

If you are able to provide documentation of employment within the tourism industry, you can take the taxi driving test in English after 1 December 2023.

Documentation requirements:

  • If you work for a tourism company, you may present documentation in the form of your employment contract with this company.
  • If you own the company yourself, you may present documentation in the form of a certificate of registration in the Norwegian Register of Business Enterprises.

Bring your documentation to the theory test at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.