How to obtain a taxi service operator’s licence
Here you can read more about the requirements you need to meet to obtain a taxi service operator’s licence.
Before you apply for a taxi service operator’s licence
In order to apply for a taxi service operator's licence, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have an effective and stable establishment in Norway, a good conduct history and a satisfactory financial standing.
- You must document that you have professional competence that is equivalent to the taxi service operator's licence from the Norwegian Public Roads Administration.
How to meet the requirement for professional competence
You meet the requirement for professional competence if any of the following statements is true.
- You can present written confirmation of a taxi service operator’s licence test (exam) from the NPRA passed in 2018 or later.
- You have held a taxi service operator's licence before 1 November 2020.
- You can present written confirmation of a passed operator’s licence test for goods transport or tourist coach, hold such an operator’s licence, or have managed a transport enterprise continuously in the 10-year period before 4 December 2009
- You hold a diploma or certificate of competence as proof of equivalent competence. It must be issued by public authorities in another EEA member state or Switzerland and have been approved by the NPRA
You cannot apply for a taxi service operator’s licence on the basis of a certificate of competence issued before 1 January 2018.