Road users in the dark
“Road users in the dark” is part of the Basic Traffic Course and takes place in a car in real-life traffic situations.
The driving instructor will be driving, and you who are the learner will be a passenger.
“Road users in the dark”, is part of the Basic Traffic Course. This course component involves that you:
- take part in demonstrations in areas with little or no traffic
- are a passenger in a car driven by the driving instructor
- reflect on and discuss your experience with other learners and the instructor in a classroom
When can you practise driving as a learner driver?
The time of year when you take the Basic Traffic Course is significant for what time of year you can practise driving.
- During the light season, you cannot take the night driving course (Road users in the dark) because it is not dark enough outside. If you take the Basic Traffic Course in the period from 16 March to 31 October, your Learner’s permit (certificate of completion of the course) is valid only in the period from 16 March to 31 October. You can practise driving within this period over several years if you so wish, but never in the period from 1 November to 15 March.
- In order to practise driving in the period from 1 November to 15 March, you must first complete the night driving course. When you have completed the night driving course, the Norwegian Public Roads Administration will send you a new Learner’s permit that is valid throughout the year.
You can always find your current Learner’s permit on Your Page.