What can you drive with a Category A2 driving licence?
Category A2 entitles you to ride a motorcycle with or without a sidecar, among other things.
You must be at least 18 years old to get a Category A2 driving licence.
Information about the motorcycle, such as cylinder capacity and power output, can be found in the Vehicle Registration Certificate.
Medium heavy motorcycle
You can ride a heavy motorcycle with or without a sidecar if
- the motorcycle has a power output of no more than 35 kW
- the power/weight ratio does not exceed 0.2 kW/kg
If the motorcycle is “tuned down”, its original power output may have been no more than twice its current power.
You can drive a motorcycle with three wheels and a power output of up to 15 kW.
Motorcycle with trailer
You can tow a trailer behind the motorcycle if
- the motorcycle has a cylinder capacity of more than 125 cm3
- the motorcycle is approved for towing a trailer
- the maximum weight of the trailer can be found the Vehicle Registration Certificate
The entitlement to drive a motorcycle with a trailer is valid in Norway only.
You can ride a light motorcycle with or without a sidecar if
- the motorcycle has a cylinder capacity of no more than 125 cm3
- the motorcycle has a power output of no more than 11 kW
In your driving licence, this is marked as Category A1.
You can drive any type of moped with two, three or four wheels.
In your driving licence, this is marked as Category AM.
Would you like to get a driving licence for other categories?
You can upgrade your driving licence with additional categories.