Here you will find the form to use if you are selling, buying or transferring the ownership of a vehicle.

Save time, do it yourself online

Notification of Sale on paper requires personal attendance

If you submit the Notification of Sale on paper, you need to visit the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office to present proof of identity.

Both the seller and the buyer need to present proof of identity by personal attendance at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office (trafikkstasjon).

Transfer of registration

The vehicle must not be used before the transfer of registration has been completed and the buyer has received a new Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC). Check what you as the buyer need to do to have the registration transfer completed.

It is the buyer who is responsible for paying the registration transfer fee.  

Download forms in PDF format 

Submit a Notification of Sale or Change of Ownership (Norwegian only)

Confirm ownership at first-time registration (Norwegian only)